One of the biggest hangups many people have about playing Delta Green is that they have no concept of what being a federal employee is like. Their only frame of reference being Hollywood and television. While Jason Bourne and Rustin Cohle are interesting characters, they lack some of the down-to-earth characteristics of a Delta Green agent. Remember, you’re not a hero, you’re just a person trying to save reality from collapsing just a little bit at a time.
With that in mind, we’ve compiled a list of links to help you get into the head of a federal agent. Because while no amount of reading can prepare you for the horrors of the unknown, a little research into an agent’s life can go a long way.
- How Does a Federal Agent Dress? It’s not all tactical turtlenecks and bulletproof vests. Sometimes it’s an ill fitted suit and combat boots.
- What is it Really Like to Work for the FBI? A retired agent’s account of his life of service
- Women of the CIA: A look at the hidden history of women’s roles in American spycraft
- What PTSD Really is: One man’s account of PTSD; it’s not all machine gun scares and rivers of blood, it’s oftentimes much more subtle.
- What Kinds of Contractors You Encounter Overseas: Agents aren’t the only ones in Delta Green’s employ, sometimes you have to bring in a friendly.
If you’re an actual agent and want to let us know what it’s really like on the ground, drop us line, we’d love to have you write about your experience.